Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Target Trip 9.22.09

Chris and I were able to go out to dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. Thanks to my in-laws, Maw and Paw for watching the kids! We ate at Dogfish Head Alehouse in Fairfax. Boy was it yummy! I definitely recommend this place if you like unique beers and pub fare. It is also very reasonably priced and we know how frugal I am! Check it out if you are in the vicinity. On our way home from dinner, we stopped at Target. We were almost out of diapers and toilet paper. Two very important items in our house. :) Here's how we did....

What I bought:

1 pack of Luvs Diapers - $7.49 each
1 box of Wheat Thins - $2.04 each
1 Healthy Choice Meal - $1.75 each
1 Healthy Choice Steamers - $2.50 each
2 Breyers Ice Cream - $2.69 each
1 12-pack Toliet Paper - $5.89 each
6 Travel size Kleenex (Clearance) - $0.18 each

Coupons Used:

-$1/1 Wheat Thins MQ (printable)
-$2/1 X 2 Healthy Choice Meals MQ (printable)
-$1/2 Breyers Ice Cream MQ
-.75/1 X 2 Breyers Ice Cream TQ
-$1.50/1 Target Brand Toliet Paper (from Target Home Mailer)
-$2.75 remaining balance from a Target GC received from MyPoints (I'll give everyone background on MyPoints in a future post)

Total Before Coupons and Gift Card: $25.53

Total after coupons and gift card: $15.28

It was a pretty decent run especially since I didn't have a coupon for the diapers. Also you will notice, I used both Target coupons and a Manufacturer coupon on Breyers Ice Cream. Target’s policy allows you to use one Target Coupon AND one Manufacturer coupon on the same item. What a great policy! This is called “stacking.” I try to stack coupons as often as possible and since we needed ice cream for our little boy’s birthday this weekend….it worked out perfectly. Stay tuned for my next post about MyPoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment